Quezon City Jobs Cloud Systems Engineer Position at REED ELSEVIER SHARED SERVICES (PHILIPPINES) INC.
- Job vacancies posted on: 6 months ago
Our company, REED ELSEVIER SHARED SERVICES (PHILIPPINES) INC. are currently hiring for interested candidates to join and to be a part of our company as cloud systems engineer with a full time work system, which domiciled in Quezon City and surrounding areas. As a professiona company, the minimum criteria we need for candidates interested is Bachelor's/College Degree which experienced in Computer/Information Technology & IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin.
Candidates who uphold honesty and discipline are a must for our company.
The competitive net salary we can offer is start from ₱16,000 to a maximum of ₱38,000, depending on the capability of the candidate and can be discussed with the HRD of our company.
|Company||REED ELSEVIER SHARED SERVICES (PHILIPPINES) INC.|
|Position||Cloud Systems Engineer|
|Career Level||1-4 Years Experienced Employee|
|Work Experience||3 years|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
The Cloud Systems Engineer performs basic systems engineering assignments. This position is also responsible for management support and triage.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in IT industry or related field
- At least 3 years experience in AWS.
- Familiar in Cloud application performance monitoring (Splunk, New Relic, Datadog and alike)
- Knowledgeable in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery – CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory and alike)
- Identify areas key areas to automate
- Knowledge and understanding of basic Unix/Linux, Windows server operating systems
- Understanding of basic JAVA middleware and web server concepts and technologies.
- Knowledgeable in network concepts, configuration, routing.
- Knowledge and understanding of database concepts including basic troubleshooting, high-availability, clustering and disaster recovery, including no-SQL database
- Knowledgeable with the management of virtual machines hosted on VMware ESX.
- Basic Unix/Linux, Windows, Database and Middleware troubleshooting and analysis required.
- Solid interpersonal, proactive, teamwork, communication and follow up skills (verbal and written) required with different levels of hierarchy.
- Ability to monitor, define, analyze and resolve issues both effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure production environment.
- Responsible in working closely with All other teams across the Platform to lead in incident management in Production including Certification and Development environments to optimize performance and security on our infrastructure. Responsible for both maintaining site reliability and Service deployments of Business products. Facilitate service monitoring, application upgrades, building infrastructure enhancements, and managing ongoing tasks.
- Create processes designed to measure system effectiveness and identify areas for improvement. Stay abreast of new technologies in the field and provide recommendations to organizational management on new solutions. Oversee the selection of orchestration tooling, as well as compliance audits and reporting. May be responsible for identifying, correcting, and enhancing important software tools. Seek ways to enhance systems operations, with a focus on automation and minimizing cost.
- 24/7/365 Site Operations supporting New Lexis Platform Applications (Cloud and On-Premise) including upcoming Services and Project that will be migrated to NLP.
- Primary on call for any New Lexis Platform related incidents (PROD, CERT and DEV Environments)
- Service Restoration
- Real-time and proactive monitoring of logs and application performance
- System Administration and Operations in Production
- Incident and Change Management, Service Catalog / Service Task Fulfillment
- Responsible for Problem Management – Problem identification, predictability, prevention and detection that will help to improve Availability and Reliability of the application
- Status Reporting
- Build / Bake / Deployments and Releases in CERT and PROD Environment for New Lexis Platform Applications and Services in Minor, Major and Emergency Releases
- Adaptable in fast phase changing environment and new technologies.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, security, performance and tuning of New Lexis Platform and related software and services.
- Ensures close technical interchanges on Platform related issues with SRE, Application Developers, Shared Services and Operations personnel as necessary.
- Recommends and aids in the definition of New Lexis Platform strategies, policies, standards, and procedures which are consistent with the Company mission.
- Actively participates and often leads team meetings and activities.
- Responsible for research, risk assessment, design and validation of emerging and/or improved infrastructure technologies and services related to New Lexis Platform management.
- Follow security guidelines for the proper delegation of accounts and privileges.
- Participate in Continuous Improvements initiatives using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Actively participates in team meetings and activities.
- Build a solid, positive relationship with development, peers, colleagues and vendors.
- 3Rs – Respond, React, Resolve
- Other duties as assigned.
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||Reed Elsevier Shared Services (Philippines) Inc., 1101 Commonwealth Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
- Flexible Retirement Plan
- Day 1 HMO with 4 Dependents for free
- Company Equipment provided
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
RELX is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the science and medical, legal, risk management, and business to business sectors.
We leverage deep customer understanding to deliver demonstrably improved outcomes to our professional customers.
We do this by combining content and data with analytics and technology in global platforms, sharing institutional skills, assets and resources across RELX.
Our customers are using our products every day to advance science, improve medical outcomes, enable better legal decisions, evaluate risk, forge business relationships and gain business insight.
Reed Elsevier Philippines (REPH) is the shared services arm of RELX group, with centers located at the UP-Ayalaland TechnoHub in Metro Manila and the Iloilo Business Park in Iloilo city. Reed Elsevier Philippines was established in November 2010 and is registered as Reed Elsevier Shared Services (Philippines), Inc. (RESSPI).
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 12 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Parking, Monthly Performance Bonus, Free HMO benefit on Day 1, Retirement package, Business Attire, Mondays-Fridays but may also vary depending on role
- Specific Location: Quezon City