Manila City Jobs Senior Accountant Position at Freelancer.com
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are open recruitment and happily inform you that we are looking for candidates to fill the position of Senior Accountant in our company, Freelancer.com. For candidates who reside in Manila City and its neighboring regions, we are looking for you to be a part of us and work in our company office, and able to labor under a full time system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers, because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We are interested in hearing from you as soon as possible if you have expertise in the fields Accounting/Finance & General/Cost Accounting and possess a Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma/Master's Degree & Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) or higher.
We offer you a fairly competitive salary that can be adjusted depending on the credibility you can contribute to our company. It typically ranges from ₱16,000 - ₱38,000 and likely to change at any time. This salary negotiation must be agreed based on our company's HRD agreement.
|Supervisor/5 Years & Up Experienced Employee
|Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma/Master's Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam)
|Type of Work
Freelancer.com, the world’s largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our dynamic and growing team. As a 12-time Webby award-winning company, we pride ourselves on connecting employers to freelancers across the globe in every industry imaginable. If you’re a talented accountant looking to work in the fast-paced world of information technology and services, and you’re passionate about creating a better economy for all, we would love to hear from you!
As our Senior Accountant, you will be responsible in leading the Finance Team in Manila. You will be working closely with the Accountant, Payroll Officer, CFO, and the Manila Office Management Team to ensure the smooth flow of the end-to-end processes of finance, accounting, payroll, government compliances, and corporate secretarial requirements.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the Accountant and Payroll Officer
Accounting & Finance
- Ensures that there’s sufficient funds available in the bank to pay employees, vendors, and government agencies.
- Liaises with the banks for matters like opening of accounts, availment of services, enrollment to online bank platforms, enrollment and deactivation of users, and communicating concerns/issues with the bank.
- Performs month-end close processes such as:
- Accrual of Annual Leave
- Accrual of Retirement Pay
- Allocation of costs between direct and general and administrative
- Accrual of 13th month payAccrual of fringe benefit tax
- Bank reconciliation for BPI accounts
- Adding new equipment and generating depreciation through the NetSuite FAM
- Review the entries made by the Accountant for invoices, accruals, prepayments, UnionBank account and withholding tax
- Performs fluctuation analysis on P&L and Balance Sheet accounts and resolves any issue
- Computes for the months’ Intercompany Support Fee and prepares the Invoice
- Computes for and record the Provision for Income Tax for the month
- Ensures that monthly revenue is supported by Sales Invoice, the collections by Official Receipts, and the users’ deposit by Acknowledgment Receipt
- Engages the services of an actuary every year for the computation of Retirement Pay based on RA 7641
- Assists in providing the requirements for the semi-annual audit of the accounts of the Parent Company, Freelancer Limited
- Works with the local auditors to ensure that the annual audit of accounts is completed on time for reporting with the Parent Company
- Prepares the annual working trial balance and reviews the draft Annual Audited Financial Statements
- Ensures that employees are paid on time
- Checks for accuracy and completeness of the following entries in the semi-monthly regular and final pay payroll instruction and payroll register:
- New starters
- Pay raises
- BPI accounts (for the payout)
- FL email address (for the payslips)
- Allowances, prices, and other income
- Salary deduction
- Performs recalculation of payroll to check the accuracy of payroll registers as prepared by the service provider as against the data collated by the Payroll Officer
- Performs fluctuation analysis on net salary and checks on the validity of any significant change
- Sends to the service provider corrections/comments on the draft payroll calculation
- Sends to the CFO for approval the final draft of the payroll calculation
- Uploads into the bank the payroll bank file
- Verifies that the entries uploaded into the bank are identical to the ones in the final draft of payroll register
- Informs the CFO once the payroll is good for approval with the bank.
- Prepares the payroll journal entries and uploads them into the NetSuite
SS, PhilHealth, & Pag-Ibig
- Ensures that contributions and payment for loans are remitted to the respective agencies on time
- Reviews the monthly, quarterly, and annual alphalist of payees for income taxes withheld, and VAT RELIEF prepared by the Accountant and lodge them by eSubmission through e-mail.
- Prepares and files the following tax returns through BIR’s eFPS and pay tax dues through online banking:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual withholding tax on purchases (0619E, 1601E-Q, 1604E)
- Monthly and annual withholding tax on salaries (1601C, 1604CF)
- Quarterly and annual income tax (1702Q, 1702)
- Quarterly fringe benefit tax (1600)
- Monthly and quarterly VAT return (2550M, 2550Q)
- Monthly and quarterly final tax return (0619F, 1601F)
- Documentary stamp tax (200) – as needed
- Annual Registration Fee (1600)
- Reviews the loose-leaf books of accounts, and ensures they are lodged on time after the book-binding
- Reviews the annual alphalist of employees for taxes withheld and ensures it’s lodged on time along with the employee signed BIR forms 2316.
- Liaise with the BIR examiner during audit when a LOA is received, and with the legal counsel for that matter, when needed
- Meet the BIR personnel during Tax Mapping
- Lodge the Audited Financial Statements
- Keep abreast with the new issuances, memorandum circulars, and rulings
- Comply to new issuances as needed
- Ensure that the General Information Sheet is lodged annually and on-time
- Lodge the Audited Financial Statements on time
- Prepare and lodge the General Form for Financial Statements on time
- Prepare and lodge the Ecozone Monthly Performance Report (EZMPR)
- Obtain Surety Bond for new purchases of equipment for laptops and for computers if used for WFH
- Prepare and lodge Farm-in permit (8105) for new equipment
- Prepare and lodge Farm-out permit (8106) for equipment to be brought out of the Ecozone
- Prepare the annual reports
- Renew the following:
- Certificate for VAT-zero rating
- Certificate for Available Incentives
- Certificate for 5% Gross Income Tax
- Obtain annual Barangay Permit
- Prepare the requirements and lodge the application for renewal of Mayor’s Business Permit
- Process the payment for annual/quarterly permits and business tax
- Issues Secretary Certificates as needed
- Reviews the Annual Minutes prepared by the legal counsel and arranges for signing by the directors
- Prepares minutes and board resolutions when needed
- Custodian of the following corporate records:
- General Information Sheet
- Articles of Incorporation
- Stock and Transfer Book
- Stock Certificates
- SEC Certificate of Registration
- BIR Certificate of Registration
- PEZA Certificate of Registration
- Mayor’s Business Permit
Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Preferably CPA with financial statements audit experience, and knowledgeable in handling BIR audits and PEZA compliance
- Has 3 – 4 years related experience
- Take on the challenge of systems engineering on a global level, working with a top-ranked website that serves 66 million customers worldwide in 247 countries and territories
- Earn a salary that recognizes your talent and dedication
- Comprehensive and competitive HMO benefits to keep you and your family healthy
- Work hard, take ownership, and watch your career soar in a dynamic and meritocratic workplace
- Enjoy a delicious, free meal every day and the added perk of free snacks and beverages, to help you stay productive and focused throughout the day!
- Experience transparency and open communication at our weekly town halls, featuring Q&A sessions with the CEO
- Get inspired and stay engaged with our company’s regular engagement activities, where you can win cash prizes!!
|National Capital Region
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace by number of users and projects. We connect over 33,019,499 employers and freelancers globally from over 247 countries, regions and territories. Through our marketplace, employers can hire freelancers to do work in areas such as software development, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering, the sciences, sales and marketing, accounting and legal services.
Freelancer Limited is trading on the Australian Securities Exchange under the ticker ASX:FLN
- Industry: Computer / Information Technology (Software)
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Full-Time job vacancies in Manila City 2023
- job vacancies for Bachelor's/College Degree
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma/Master's Degree
- job vacancies for Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam)
- job vacancies in the city of Manila City 2023
- Senior Accountant position job vacancies